Consultancy Call on Shaping the Understanding and Framings on the UHC
Dear Colleagues and Partners,
Hakijamii is a member of Peoples Health Movement (PHM), a global network bringing together grassroots health activists, professionals, researchers ,CSO’s and academic institutions from around the globe. We have presence in over 70 countries with a commitment to advocate for provision of comprehensive primary health care. In Kenya, our focus is on “ Health for all – now”. Piloting of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in Kenya was a great stride towards realization of health for all. However, financing of UHC and delivery of quality health services particularly at primary health level remains a challenge. Two years into UHC roll out, we wish to conduct a research on the progress, challenges, bottleneck, priorities, opportunities and perception by the respective counties and communities on UHC delivery.
The People’s Health Movement (PHM) commissioned a study on “Citizen’s perception on UHC in Kenya” with the following objectives;-
- To understand the level to which Kenyans in general comprehend the concept of Universal Health Care.
- To determine the extent to which citizens in the four counties of Isiolo, Nyeri, Kisumu and Machakos have benefitted from the pilot Universal Health Care project (UHC).
- Underscore the citizens’ expectations from the UHC and the realities on the ground.
- Document what citizen’s term as the success of UHC in the four pilot counties for scaling and advocacy.
On behalf of PHM we seek additional strategic support to assist with popularising of the survey findings, shaping policy discussions and recommendation on effective UHC. We seek the services of a qualified consultant to support the movement in shaping and framing discussions post the survey, strengthening communication within the movement and provide strategic advocacy direction.
The specific objectives of the study:
- Support the framing, dissemination and conceptualization of engagements for the Peoples Health Movements post the Citizen View Survey on Universal Health Care (UHC) for impactful advocacy.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and communication support with a view to advancing the growth and visibility of PHM Kenya and its members.
- Provide on- going guidance on how to apply the communication strategic guide and recommendations; review press releases, public advocacy documents and identify media opportunities.
- Act as the centralized communication resource for the Governance for health grantees in Kenya.
Please find attached detailed consultancy call for your action. Kindly take note that all applications should be received in soft copy through our email address email@example.com with the subject line: HJ-PHM-08-2019- UHC Health Consultancy on or before 5th September 2019 – 1700Hrs.