DISCUSSING THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT PLANS 2019/2020
National government plans for 2019/2020:
- The national government is planning to construct 10 new Teachers Training Colleges (TTCs) at a cost of KES. 185 million.
- To construct 30 new Technical Training Institutes (TTIs) across the country.
- Ksh. 2.4 billion was allocated towards water harvesting in 2018/2019.
- Proposed allocation of Ksh. 4.3 billion towards water harvesting in FY 2019/2020.
- The construction of Mwache Dam in Kwale county is expected to kick off in 2019/2020.
- The budget for Water and Sanitation (WASH) will increase from Ksh. 52.8 billion in FY 2018/2019 to Ksh. 61.1 billion in FY 2019/2020 (15.7% increase).