The constitution of Kenya (2010) devolved health services to counties to create a robust health system that is responsive to the various population health needs. Theconstitution guaranteeshealth for all Kenyans;
▪ Article 26;Every person has the right to life
▪ Article 42; Every person has the right to a clean and healthy environment
▪ Article 43(1) Every person has the right—(a) to the highest attainable standard of health, which includes the right to health care services, including reproductive health care
▪ Article 53. (1) Every child has the right––(c) to basic nutrition, shelter and health care
▪ Article 56. The State shall put in place affirmative action programmes designed to ensure that minorities and marginalised groups—(e) have reasonable access to water, health services and infrastructure.
The fourth schedule distributes functions between national and county governments as indicated below;