Founded in 2004, the Economic and Social Rights Centre (Hakijamii) is a national human rights organization that works with the marginalized communities, with special focus on the progressive realization of economic and social rights in Kenya. It is registered as a non-governmental organization (NGO) under the NGO Coordination Act.
A society that guarantees the protection, promotion and fulfillment of all rights for people.
To amplify the voices of vulnerable individuals and groups to effectively and directly participate in advocating for the realization of their economic, social and cultural rights in Kenya and live in dignity.
- Promotion of the practice of equality and non-discrimination.
- Participation and inclusion of the marginalized groups in identifying, analyzing and finding solutions to the realization of their economic and social rights.
- Integrity, honesty, transparency and accountability.
- Restoration of people’s dignity by ensuring the enjoyment and realization of all economic and social rights.
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Progressive realization of economic and social rights through enhanced participatory and accountable policy, legislative and making use of national and international instruments.
- Partner communities effectively advocating for the realization of economic, social and cultural rights in Kenya using enhanced capacities and knowledge.
- Vibrant and effective national and international networks and partnerships to strengthen advocacy for ESC rights, improve knowledge and develop human rights-based approaches.