Hakijamii held a one day activity to promote public participation in the budgeting process. The meeting was attended by members Isiolo multi-stake holder forum. The forum is a representative of numerous community leaders, representatives of CBOs and CSOs from the county.
A number of issues were discussed during the meeting:
- Access to information is still a challenge.
- The Isiolo County government lacks a monitoring system to track progress of the development projects.
- Clannism was identified as one of the largest barriers to access of employment opportunities in Isiolo county.
- The participants claimed that the county government of Isiolo bought sub-standard equipment for local revenue collection and employed unqualified people to do the work.
- One of the best practices in Isiolo county is that it deposits all the revenue collected in the County Revenue Fund (CRF). This practice should be emulated by those counties which spend local revenue at source.
Through the session, we discussed on; the wage bill, local revenue collection, budget tracking, etc.